AZ

I've only had my period for 2 years now and its always been irregular. but now its every two weeks, can anything regulate it?

Dr. Michael Traub
Fertility Medicine 19 years experience
Yes: There are many different ways to regulate it by taking one of various different types of hormones. But the first step is to find out why they are irregular - pcos, thyroid abnormality, uterine polyp, fibroids, etc. They an appropriate treatment can be given to make you more comfortable.
Dr. Michael Opsahl
Fertility Medicine 43 years experience
Teen & irregular: Most young women have irregular periods when they start. Usually this is because the ovaries do not ovulate regularly. I agree that you need a diagnosis, so see you doc to check for hormone or abnormal growths. The bcp is often a great choice for someone your age as it corrects the hormone problem, bleeding is regular and you have contraception when that is important. Best wishes.

Last updated Sep 28, 2016