im a professional pitcher and i have a tear in my common flexor tendon of my throwing arm. where is that located and how do i rehab that?

Dr. Stephen Cohen
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 19 years experience
Elbow: Common flexor tendon begins on the inside of your elbow. These group of muscles do flexion of the wrist and fingers.
Dr. Gregory Harvey
Orthopedic Surgery 38 years experience
Tear: The tear is usually located near the elbow. You need to initially rest the elbow, avoid throwing, use an anti-inflammatory drug. Then start a graduated strength and throwing program if the pain is better. An MRI is needed for full diagnoses and guidance by a sports medicine specialist for treatment.

Last updated Sep 28, 2016