U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Boerne, TX
A 20-year-old male asked:

When ever i run a lap around the track the bottom of my foot starts to hurt, and i wear my track shoes with spikes, so what could be making it hurt?

1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Podiatry 41 years experience
Depends: It depends on where the pain is. If in the ball of the foot you may have a neuroma, or metatarsalgia. If in the arch or heel you may have plantar fasciitis. See if the pain coinside with where the spikes hit your foot.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Mar 22, 2013


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.