Chicago, IL

I have pain in the arch of my foot, close to my heel. hurts to walk barefoot and with certain shoes. hurts most in the morning and after running.

Dr. Edwin Ishoo
29 years experience
Plantar fasciitis: Plantar fasciitis is a common painful disorder affecting the heel and underside of the foot. characterized by scarring, inflammation, or structural breakdown of the foot's plantar fascia. It is often caused by overuse injury of the plantar fascia, increases in exercise, weight or age. may be a degenerative process. Most cases of plantar fasciitis resolve on their own with time and conservative tx
Last updated Oct 4, 2016