i got an ecg done this morning and the nurse wouldn't tell me if it was ok or not i'm a bit worried and don't go back to my doc until friday?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Donald Alves
24 years experience Emergency Medicine
Not allowed: The nurse or ekg tech are not allowed to interpret ekgs, so can only tell you that the test was completed properly to allow the dr to interpret it. That said, most nurses can read ekgs quite well, and if any major issue noted, would have taken it right to the dr then or called him/her for instructions. Don't worry too much waiting for friday.
Answered on Mar 19, 2013
Dr. Addagada Rao
56 years experience General Surgery
Nurse did right : Nurse is not supposed to tell you but your doctor, if some thing bad nurse might have shown to your doctor, and a serious problem they might have taken care of you as urgent basis already, best way is to call your doctor to find out the results.
Answered on Apr 6, 2013