A member asked:

I have a strawberry hemangioma birthmark on my cheek. could a doctor remove it & replace it with extra skin & subcontaneous fat from my stomach?

5 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Randy Stevens answered

Specializes in General Surgery

Strawberry hemangiomas usually can get smaller with age. You are 19 and as you are getting older it may be something you feel effects your self esteem. A pediatric plastic surgeon can advise you on this. Depending on the size and location of other structures you may or may not want to pursue it right now. The skin to match the face is important. Check out devos childrens, um or det children's.

Answered Mar 26, 2013



Still have questions?

Get the best care from a doctor who knows you.

Book a Video Appointment
Sponsor Content
Dr. Benjamin Lerner answered

Specializes in Vascular Surgery

There are a lot of reconstruction options on the face following removal of a lesion. See a plastic surgeon.

Answered May 16, 2013



Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor