bellefonte, PA

i have a pain on the side(not in the front)right above my love handle.it is 1 inch below my bottom rib.it only hurts when i stretch or push on it..

Dr. Rowan Paul
Sports Medicine 16 years experience
Oblique/ lateralis: You may have strained your internal oblique or lateralis muscle. It should heal with time, rest, gentle range of motion stretching. However, there are many other causes. Is it r/l side? Could be a gallbladder, spleen, stomach, or intestinal problem. I have even seen peripheral nerve entrapments. It's best to see your family or primary doc to get a better sense of the diagnosis and how to treat it.

Last updated Mar 15, 2013