what does it mean when you have rare wbc in a urine test?

Dr. Yash Khanna
No problem: If you have less than 5 WBC in urine it is accepted as normal and so is rare wbcs in the urine.

Is it normal for urine to smell like sugar?

Dr. Patricia Vuguin
No: Should be check by the doctor specially if it is. Accompanied by something else such as excessive drinking.

Why does my urine have sugar in it?

Dr. David Fein
Specializes in Preventive Medicine
Most often: food!: The first thing that comes to mind, of course, is diabetes. But for many pregnant women, kidney function changes. Often, the same morning a pregnant women drinks a big glass of orange juice, we'll find sugar in her urine sample. However, that is not to say we ignore the findings -- all pregnant women do get tested for gestational diabetes between 24 and 28 weeks.

Can I train my bladder to stretch and hold more fluid by holding in my urine when I feel the urge to go?

Dr. Neeoo Chin
Fertility Medicine 40 years experience
Yes: Yes, holding your urine a little longer each time can help retrain the bladder for certain types of urinary urgency. At times training your bladder to a specific voiding schedule is helpful also.

How much is too much urine for a newborn?

Dr. Michael Sparacino
Equal parts: They should be putting out approximately the same amount as they are taking in. Signs of excessive urine loss are sunken eyes, dry mouth, wrinkled skin, and sunken fontenelles.

Sometimes when I pee I shudder. Weird?

Pathology 44 years experience
Reflex: Some folks have this reflex. It means nothing.

Last updated Jun 10, 2014