A member asked:

I'm supposed to see a cardiologist for two abnormal ekgs. what should i expect?

5 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. Joseph Shen answered

Specializes in Cardiac Electrophysiology

Hi, you will be getting more tests. However, you should ask for a multifunction cardiogram which is far better non-invasive highly accurate test in the world! http://en.M.Wikipedia.Org/wiki/multifunction_cardiogram.

Answered Mar 14, 2013



Still have questions?

Get the best care from a doctor who knows you.

Book a Video Appointment
Sponsor Content
Dr. Ehsan Ansari answered

Specializes in Interventional cardiology

Your cardiologist will listen to your medical history, symptoms , family history, smoking etc. He or she will examine you and decide if you need any additional testing.

Answered Mar 18, 2019


Dr. Dean Giannone answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine

I presume that the cardiologist would start with a directed history and physical examination. The cardiologist would likely review these two abnormal ECG tracings. He or she would then order relevant testing, which may include stress test, echocardiogram or catheterization.

Answered Oct 24, 2017



Related Questions

A member asked:

Abnormal EKG and doctor refferred me to a cardiologist but unsure why?

6 doctors weighed in across 2 answers

A member asked:

Could abnormal EKG need to be seen by a cardiologist?

A doctor has provided 1 answer

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor