A member asked:

How serious is an abnormal ekg that shows a possible heart attack and how soon should you see a cardiologist?

4 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Harris Cohen answered

Specializes in Family Medicine

An abnormal ekg should be evaluated by your primary care doctor or cardiologist asap -- if you are having symptoms of chest pressure, chest pain, chest tightness, shortness of breath, or jaw or arm pain, report to your closest emergency room.

Answered Mar 26, 2013



Still have questions?

Get the best care from a doctor who knows you.

Book a Video Appointment
Sponsor Content
Dr. Michael Borookhim answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine

Consistent with old infarction, the next step is arranging for a myorcardial perfusion stress test and evaluation of the risk factors. This can be done by his internist and there is no need for a cardiologist if you have a competent primary physician. Good luck.

Answered Dec 16, 2014



Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor