U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
San Francisco, CA
A 55-year-old female asked:

If i dislocated my pinky finger 30 years ago and did not have it fixed, can there be anything done for it now?

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Laurence Badgley
General Practice 54 years experience
Probably not: Arthritis has probably already set in.
Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery 30 years experience
It depends: It depends in part by what you mean. Is it still dislocated, or is it just painful and stiff? Either way, there are procedures that could probably be done to reduce the pain if it hurts, but probably not terribly likely to improve your motion. Thank you for the question.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Mar 13, 2013


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.