U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 57-year-old female asked:

How should i treat gravel burn on my legs and arms from a motorcycle accident?

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Wendy Askew
25 years experience
Ouch!!: Recommend hydrogen peroxide or topical Bacitracin or neosporin. Watch for spreading redness of the area, can indicate cellulitis (a skin infection that is spreading). That needs oral (or iv) antibiotics.
Dr. Joseph Pfeifer
Trauma Surgery 41 years experience
Keep it clean: wash it regularly w soap & water. Can also use antibiotic ointment sparingly.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Sep 29, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.