can ginger root be taken safely to help nausea symptoms in a person who's liver is failing due to carcinoid cancer?

Dr. Liawaty Ho
Hematology and Oncology 23 years experience
Should be okay: Ginger root can help alleviate nausea. I don't see any problem if you want to take ginger root. You can also take it as ginger tea, ginger candy , besides the root. How bad is the liver function by the way?
Dr. Chad Levitt
Radiation Oncology 22 years experience
Yes: One of the most effective formulations of ginger root to help with nausea is to buy a raw root and thinly slice it into wafers when needed. U can chew or suck on the wafers and swallow them to help relieve nausea. You can keep the root in the freezer for longevity and slice it up as needed.