I keep feeling fluttering in my chest. i have had an ekg done at the doctors and it shows normal. it feels like my heart is having trouble beating.

Dr. Dan Fisher
May be normal.: If you had a normal ekg while the symptoms were occurring then this is nothing to worry about. If there is just a single flutter or sensation of a single extra beat and you have no trouble with exercise then it is very likely benign, but if the sensation lasts longer it might be worthwhile to have a holter or event monitor placed.
Dr. Hugh Calkins
Cardiac Electrophysiology 38 years experience
Symptom rhythm : The key question is whether the ECG was done when you were having your symptoms. If not you should get a longer term monitor like a 24 hour holter monitor or a 30 day event monitor. This will allow the cause of palpitations to be determined and a treatment recommended.
Dr. Jennifer Peura
Cardiology 21 years experience
Everyone has extra and skipped heart beats. For some reason some people feel them and others do not.
Mar 18, 2013
Dr. Jennifer Peura
Cardiology 21 years experience
These benign irregular beats are more common with lack of sleep, caffeine, nicotine, dehydration or stress.
Mar 18, 2013
Dr. Jennifer Peura
Cardiology 21 years experience
I agree if they are driving you nuts or if you feel like you may pass out it is time for an ambulatory monitor.
Mar 18, 2013

Last updated Apr 18, 2016