How to tell the difference between a swollen lymph node or hernia in my groin area?

Dr. Ly Phan
Dr. Ly Phananswered
General Surgery 22 years experience
Reduceable : One of the way is if you find a hole where you can push the lump back in and it go away then likely hernia. A lymph nodes feel more solid and round and can move easily from side to side up and down.
Dr. Allen Kamrava
Colon and Rectal Surgery 15 years experience
See a doctor: Jessica both of these are a good indication to see a physician for evaluation. I would recommend seeing a surgeon to discuss and have an examination.
Dr. Michael Miller
Wound care 36 years experience
Monitoring Centers: Lymphatic system absorbs/carries things too big to go into the arteries/veins like bacteria eaten by white cells/digested food. Lymph nodes "taste" the lymph everywhere for bad stuff like bacteria/viruses/cancers, etc. When it detects a problem, it alerts the immune system and your body reacts. They enlarge in response to the inflammation they create when they react. They shrink when all is well.