A member asked:

Hi my inguinal hernia is hurting a lot more than normal. are there painkillers or should i go back to the docs. pain has been 3. is now 6 out of 10.

3 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. David Earle answered

Specializes in General Surgery

Get it fixed: Progressive symtoms from an inguinal hernia are a sign to have it repaired in most cases. You should see a general surgeon for a consultation asap rather than taking pain medication.

Answered 2/27/2013


Dr. John Eckford answered

Specializes in Surgery

Yes: If your inguinal hernia (pain and/or lump in the groin) is more bothersome, then it is time to see your surgeon and get it repaired. Warning signs to watch out for would be severe pain, lump that will not go down with gentle pressure while lying on your back and relaxed, nausea/vomiting.

Answered 12/9/2013



Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question