U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Berwyn, PA
A 59-year-old female asked:

Worried. infused with remicade (infliximab) for yrs. bloodwork's been fine till now: sed rate high (130), wbc & platelets h. rbc, hemoglobin and hematocrit low.

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Larry Greenbaum
Internal Medicine - rheumatology 38 years experience
Pancytopenia: You didn't mention why you are on remicade (infliximab). Your white blood count, red blood count, and platelet counts are all low and your ESR is very high. You need to see your doctor. You may need other labs, or you may need to see a hematologist.
Dr. Aasim Sehbai
Medical Oncology 25 years experience
Anemia: Anemia in setting of elevated citrate and long term use of remicaide should be worked up by a hematologist. We will look at all possible causes of anemia and order necessary tests as indicated.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Aug 14, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.