NJ

what does high urine creatinine of 390.1mg/dl mean but everything else is normal

Dr. Tarek Naguib
Nephrology and Dialysis 40 years experience
A few possibilities: 390.1 mg per dl is not high if the 24 hr urine volume is 400-500 ml. In this case you may have dehydration on the day of the collection. Not necessarily on other days! if the urine output is larger, you either have a proportionally lager muscle mass or lab error. Heavy physical activity can increase urine creatinine too. In view of normal blood work, shouldn't worry about having kidney disease.
Dr. Jack Rubin
Nephrology and Dialysis 48 years experience
Dehydration: It appears that you may have dehyrdated cauisng hypernatremic (hypertonic) dehydration. This occurs when the lost fluid contains less sodium than the blood (loss of hypotonic fluid). Relatively less sodium than water is lost. Please be sure blood glucose, sodium and chloride levels were normal. I would see your doctor and have the urine test repeated along with a urinary sodium level.