Concord, CA

Last week the pupil in my l eye was enlarged. my eye was all pupil & no color for 4 to 5 hours. my r eye was normal. should i see a doctor?

Dr. Theodore Wu
Ophthalmology 23 years experience
Pupil big: When the pupil is large for a short period of time, this may be due to episodic mydriasis, a benign condition-- it may also be due to other eye disorders, such as adie's pupil or horner's syndrome. Call your local eye doctor to discuss this condition.
Dr. Alan Jackson
Addiction Medicine 31 years experience
Good idea: A doctor visit is a must, if your pupil has returned to normal since this happened it was probably some chemical that caused this. If not back to normal it is extremely important to see a doctor.
Last updated Apr 26, 2017