My daughter is a beta thalassaemia major patient & taking regular blood transfusion for 10 yrs. Now she has hep c type 4 &viral load is 133964. Cure?

Dr. Liawaty Ho
22 years experience in Hematology and Oncology
B-thalassemia-hep: First of all I am sorry about your daughter's condition. As you know, unfortunately there is nothing to cure beta thal major -besides an allogeneic bone marrow transplantation. Now, with the hepatitis c- the situation will be way tougher for your daughter to deal with. She definitely needs to be seen by a hepatologist and see if she is able to get any therapy for hep c- if she can tolerate it.
Answered on May 20, 2013
4