India

hi dr.plz let me know what is knee chest posture as my wife is 38 weeks pregnant and the baby is in breach position... thanks in advance, dr. moin?

Dr. Jie Xu
Dr. Jie Xu answered
Unlikely to help.: We use this position when the baby's heart rate goes down, since it can potentially relieve the pressure on the umbilical cord, if cord compression is what's causing the heart rate to drop. This position may theoretically be able to help when the baby is facing the ceiling (occiput posterior) rather than the floor (occiput anterior). Unlikely to turn breech. Ask doc about external cephalic version.

Last updated Jul 9, 2015