MI

i am 40 and found a knot on my left breast, how important is it to get it checked?

Dr. Shelby Terstriep
Yes: I would recommend seeing someone who is familiar with breast disorders ( breast clinic). A mammogram of the breasts and an ultrasound directed at that area will need to be done.
Dr. Bahman Daneshfar
Radiation Oncology 33 years experience
Very important: Any lump needs to be evaluated. Mammogram and ultrasound is needed to guide the evaluation. Even if these are negative and a lump is still felt it should be considered for biopsy. A surgeon experienced in breast cancer should be seen.
Dr. Sahba Ferdowsi
General Practice 18 years experience
I agree with the urgency I seeing your healthcare professional.
Jan 28, 2012
Dr. Devon Webster
Medical Oncology 22 years experience
Mandatory!: I agree with the other doctors. You must get this checked! don't let fear stop you. The vast majority of breast lumps are not cancer, but the only way to know for sure is to have it evaluated. And if it turns out to be your worst fear...Cancer...You've caught it early and have a very high likelihood of cure!