is it normal for babies not to have bowel movements for a few days?

Dr. Roy Benaroch
Yes: Yes, especially breast fed babies past a few weeks of life. As long as stools soft and baby acting well, there's no problem.
Dr. Bert Mandelbaum
Yes: Babies bowel movements can vary in frequency. Some babies have bowel movements with each feed and some babies have bowel movements every few days. The frequency also changes with age- many babies have more infrequent bowel movements after the first month of life. Infants who are feeding well, happy and urinating well are probably fine for a few days without a bowel movement.
Yes: If a baby (over 2 weeks old) is eagerly and happily breastfeeding each day, if he has no tummy aches nor bloating, and if his poops are quite soft, then it is ok for him to poop only once every few days. He is digesting all the breastmilk and using almost all of it to maintain and grow his body (leaving very little solid material to make poop). The water in milk is absorbed and later urinated out.
Dr. Mark Diamond
Yes: Some babies from day1 poop 5-6 times per day and some poop once every 5-6 days. As long as the babydoes not have severe abdominal distension and a happy, thriving child, do not worry about it.