Removed my molar took transtat medicine for stopping bleeding it was not helpful so what to do? i am still having a sensation of pain? please tell me

5 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Richard Ruden answered

Specializes in Dentistry

Tea bags: If you are still bleeding dampen some black teabags and bite on them for an hour this should stop the bleeding. You can also use ice. I would avoid any rinsing or spitting for the next 24 hours.You can rinse with warm salt water after the bleeding has stopped for 24 hours. Drink plenty of fluids but avoid the use of straws as this can dislodge the clot.

Answered 2/19/2013

5.3k views

Dr. Stephen Gordon answered

Specializes in

Bleeding?: If you are still bleeding, try placing a slightly moist tea bag (black tea or orange pekoe tea, not green, herbal tea) onto the extraction site and hold with moderate pressure for 20 minutes. This should significantly reduce the bleeding, if not successful seek dental/ medical help immediately.

Answered 12/9/2013

5.3k views