U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 19-year-old male asked:

I have left gynaecomastia since three years and i m worried. what can it be?physiological or pathological?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Jason Boardman
General Surgery 27 years experience
Either: Most likely this is physiologic. As hormonal changes occur in the body there can be an imbalance which can cause things like gynecomastia to develop. Usually this is bilateral. To be 100% safe you should see your doctor and have him check various hormone levels.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Feb 22, 2013


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.