U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 28-year-old member asked:

What are the treatments for baby acne?

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky
Pediatrics 36 years experience
Baby acne's harmless: No need to treat it, unless they start throwing baby proms, with corsages and limos. Then you probably want them to look their best for the date.
Dr. Robert Kwok
Pediatrics 34 years experience
None, if baby acne: Baby acne usually occurs in the first month or so, and goes away on its own (it doesn't bother the baby). Around the time the baby acne fades away, he may start getting cradle cap (oily, flaky rash with reddened skin underneath) on the scalp and the face (called seborrhea on the face). Baby eczema (cracked, rough, and/or oozing skin) can begin too. Cradle cap, seborrhea, & eczema have treatments

Similar questions

A 43-year-old member asked:

What are some treatments for acne?

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Ed Friedlander
Pathology 45 years experience
Scientific Rx: The best over-the-counter treatment is topical benzoyl peroxide 5% 2x/day as tolerated. Tea tree oil is the most effective of the "herbal" remedies as it is an estrogen. If benzoyl peroxide does not clear you in two weeks, your physician can guide you among topical retinoic acid derivatives, topical clindamycin, topical spironolactone, systemic antibiotics, "the pill" and isotretinoin.

Related questions

A 29-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 38-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 17-year-old female asked:
2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
A 36-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
A 20-year-old female asked:
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Last updated Dec 9, 2013


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.