U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 46-year-old female asked:

Severe hand swelling & pain no medical facility been able to help me can you please help?

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Raymond Wittstadt
Hand Surgery 37 years experience
Specialist: Severe hand swelling and pain needs to be checked out. If your family doctor or er has not been helpful you may need to see a specialists. A rheumatologist or arthritis doctor may be best, but you usually have to wait several months to see them. A hand surgeon could also be helpful.
Dr. M Felix Freshwater
Hand Surgery 50 years experience
Not enough info: Your info isn't specific enough. How long has this been going on? Where does it hurt? When does it hurt? Did you have an accident?
Last updated Sep 26, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.