Saint Cloud, FL

Have weaned myself down to 0.25 of ativan (lorazepam) from 3mg a day for the past year i have been taking 0.5 a day im not down to .25 a day when can i stop?

Dr. Leonard Lado
Weaning ativan (lorazepam): The bigger question is why were you taking Ativan (lorazepam) for and which physician is providing your treatment. Taking Ativan (lorazepam) carry some risk depending length of treatment and amount of dose. So to provide you with this answer is providing treatment without all the details. The biggest risk is seizures or increased anxiety.
Dr. Ladislav Volicer
63 years experience
Right now: You did well to decrease the dose gradually. I think that if you are taking only .25mg, you are at a point that you can stop completely.

Last updated Oct 12, 2018