have weaned myself down to 0.25 of ativan (lorazepam) from 3mg a day for the past year i have been taking 0.5 a day im not down to .25 a day when can i stop?

Dr. Leonard Lado
31 years experience Psychiatry
Weaning ativan (lorazepam): The bigger question is why were you taking Ativan (lorazepam) for and which physician is providing your treatment. Taking Ativan (lorazepam) carry some risk depending length of treatment and amount of dose. So to provide you with this answer is providing treatment without all the details. The biggest risk is seizures or increased anxiety.
Answered on Oct 12, 2018