WA

My right knee hurts when i put pressure and it does hurt when i run when i bent it make a noise?

Dr. Aamir Siddiqi
Osteorarthritis: Without knowledge about your age and history this is difficult to answer. You may have osteoarthritis (wear and tear type) and less cartilage between the joint. Certain movements will cause intense pain since the cartilage and lubrication is less. You need to be seen, xray may help confirm the dx, however MRI may be needed to look for soft tissue and ligament.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Ty Endean
Orthopedic Surgery 25 years experience
Check it out: You may have several problems causing your knee problems. Small irregularities in your cartilage can cause noise or popping sounds in your knee. Your meniscus may also be torn causing the pain and noise. I would strongly recommend a consult with an orthopedic surgeon and stay away from impact activity until your doctors visit.
Last updated Aug 21, 2016