FL

Had knee surgery 4/26/17. now my knee is swollen up & warm to touch and running fever. can't bend it back and puffy looking. can't put pressure on it.

Dr.
Go to ER now: There is a high probability that you have developed an infection in the knee joint. This could lead to septic arthritis and major complications if not treated in time. Go to ER immediately as you may need IV antibiotics and possibly a joint washout
Dr. Dean Giannone
Call surgeon.: My concern is that there's an infection in that knee. You should either get to your surgeon's office right away or, what may be even better, go to the emergency department and have them call the surgeon in consultation.

Last updated May 14, 2017