Toledo, OH

I am getting over having whooping cough. for the past week cough up phlegm with traces of blood. and also my nose is running with mucus and blood?

Dr. Nayla Mumneh
Allergy and Immunology 30 years experience
Treated?: Were you diagnosed with it and treated appropriately? If so, the cough can linger for a few weeks, some months after the infection is treated. If you did not get it treated, go now, this is very contageous.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Pediatric Allergy and Asthma 37 years experience
The source of the bleeding may be from the nasal/sinus passages, but if it continues I would follow up with your PCP. I agree that the effects of the illness may linger and treatment is indicated.
Mar 28, 2015
Last updated Mar 28, 2015