AL

My 15 year old hasbeen having cold symptoms for 5 days. today he is coughing up blood and aching in his back and neck?

Dr. Kevin Windisch
See your doc: If you are coughing up blood, this is not normal. Be seen by your doctor asap.
Dr. Sue Ferranti
Bronchitis: This usually is due to bronchitis. If there is no significant fever, it is usually due to a viral etiology. However, there are other reasons for coughing blood and some are very serious so this symptom always requires an evaluation by a doctor as soon as possible. If he smokes, he needs to quit. Good luck!
Dr. Kevin Windisch
See your physician: I'm not sure what your question is but coughing up of blood is not a normal process for a child. If your child is coughing up blood, you need to be evaluated by a physician expert in the care of children.

Last updated Sep 28, 2016