U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 30-year-old member asked:

What's wrong with me that i'm easily distracted, agitated, irritated and have a need to retaliate using violence?

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Kieran Dhillon
Clinical Psychology 17 years experience
Stress management: Make sure you get a medical check up to rule out any medical conditions explaining your behavior. If everything comes back fine, you may be under a lot of stress and could use some stress and anger management skills. Usually these types of behaviors occur when the person feels powerless in their environment. Learn new ways to manage stress and problems in adaptive, realistic, & helpful ways.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Psychiatry 44 years experience
Get an evaluation: Thank you for your question. Without seeing you, it's hard to know what's wrong -- but a few possibilities come to mind. You sound concerned, and you should be. Please see your physician asap, so that you get the help you need and so you don't harm yourself or anyone else. Your doctor may want you to see a psychiatrist also, and this would be a very good idea.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Dec 9, 2013


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.