U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Junction City, OR
A 31-year-old female asked:

Severe endometriosis had 3laps now things are densely adhered. tired of pain meds what's the best way to get life back? hyster? with or wo ovaries?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Kenan Omurtag
Obstetrics & Gynecology 16 years experience
Hormonal suppressive: Meds are still an option; Lupron (leuprolide) + norenthindrone for example. I would talk to your gynecologist obviously about these options if you haven't already. Physical therapy can help too. Hysterectomy is certainly the most aggressive option and most would recommend bilateral oophorectomy (removing both ovaries). If you select this option make sure that an experienced surgeon operates.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Aug 19, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.