U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Verona, PA
A 18-year-old female asked:

I have lazy eye in both eyes and i can't control this (dont know when my eyes are doing it at all/ can't make them focus) what can i do to fix this ?:)

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Alvin Lin
Geriatrics 32 years experience
Go see your doctor: More specifically, go see (no pun intended) your optometrist (od) or ophthalmologist (md or do). Your od can make initial assessments but if you truly have amblyopia, you'll need to see an ophthalmologist if surgery is required. But perhaps some patching etc can help first. By the way, usually only one eye is lazy. Check out http://www.Aoa.Org/x4699.Xml & http://www.Aapos.Org/terms/conditions/21.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Tim Conrad
Ophthalmology 36 years experience
Get eye exam: Your inability to focus could be due to a number of problems. Get an eye exam soon.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Sep 28, 2016
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $44!
50% off with $19/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.