A member asked:

My autonomic disorder pots dx'd in boston has flared in sc(moved). no docs here for pots! my hr is 112-136 resting. fevers daily. ? cardiology

6 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. Marvin Den answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine

The best answer is to call the closest medial college and see if they have someone who can help. Also your doctor in boston may have some contacts.

Answered Mar 3, 2013



Still have questions?

Get the best care from a doctor who knows you.

Book a Video Appointment
Sponsor Content
Dr. Martin Raff answered

Specializes in Infectious Disease

Check with univ. S.Carolina medical school. Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome of dysautonomia, in which a change from supine to an upright position causes an abnormal increase in heart rate with decrease in cerebral blood flow. Can be very debilitating but there are a variety of therapeutic approaches available. If you cannot locate someone, a cardiologist will generally know pots.

Answered Jun 30, 2013


Dr. Atique Mirza answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine - Cardiology

Please call your nearest hospital and ask for a cardiologist or electrophysiologist.

Answered Apr 5, 2014



Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor