U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 40-year-old member asked:

While making a bowl movement a hemorrhoid looking thing came out of my anus. should i be worried?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Jarrod Kaufman
General Surgery 30 years experience
Hemmorhoids: It is a very common problem, not to worry. Can be related to either constipation or diarrhea. This sounds like a third degree hemorrhoid and should be evaluated by a colo-rectal or general surgeon you will require dietary, bathroom habit modifications and sometimes office based procedures if medical management is ineffective.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Feb 9, 2013


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.