U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 37-year-old member asked:

How to get rid of mrsa. i keep getting pimples some times even after be ach bathing and having been on bacg to m. i need to apply antibiptic ointment ?

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Gregg Albers
Addiction Medicine 42 years experience
MRSA Infection: Mrsa infections of the skin may require an oral antibiotic till under control. Topical antibiotics treat smaller areas. Some have folliculitis that is not infected with mrsa. Cultures and other treatments may be more appropriate.
Dr. Barry Cohen
35 years experience
MRSA: Is a culture diagnosis there are always sensitivities given with culture report. Common oral antibiotics orally are clindamycin, zyvox, and a few others such as cipro/levaguin topicals include bactroban (mupirocin) ointment.
Last updated Sep 10, 2013


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.