Steelville, MO

ct/myelogram from 2 different doctors 1st shows bulging disc no nerve impingement 2nd shows nerve impingement why did 1st not show the same as 2nd one?

Dr. Shari Jackson
Radiology 21 years experience
Depends: If these were 2 separate ct myelograms (at different times) it is possible that the second one has a new finding. If disc pathology progresses, nerve impingement may develop over time. Alternatively, there is some subjectivity to interpretation of these studies. Some doctors have a lower treshold for calling impingement. It is more important whether this finding fits with your actual symptoms.