Sweden

I had regular period before using provera (medroxyprogesterone) for 3month because of 3 ovarian cyst ..when i stop using it my priod became irregular why?

Dr. Joseph Pena
Fertility Medicine 26 years experience
Depo-provera?: If referring to depo-provera, it is not uncommon to have irregular menstrual cycles afterwards, as ovulatory cycles are temporarily disrupted. It takes time for Lupron (leuprolide) to be completely out of one's system. It is not uncommon for several months to pass before regular menstrual cycles return. However, if still irregular menses after 6 months, it is reasonable to consult gyn for further evaluation.
Last updated Jun 27, 2014