A member asked:

I am a diabetic type 1 and have bloated stomach plus weight gain 2 stones in approximately 3 months and excessive gas do i need to see doctor?

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Chuck Shaffer answered

Specializes in Bariatrics

Yes: Please see your physician for your complaints. Some diabetics develop gastroparesis. Your doctor can explain it to you. Please schedule appointment as soon as you can.

Answered 1/5/2019


Dr. Edwin Ishoo answered

Specializes in

Diabetic: How is your diabetes being managed? Do you not have a doctor monitoring you and adjusting your insulin levels? You are developing gastroparesis or GI dysmotility which is very likely related to a poorly controlled diabetic condition. Of course you need top see your doctor, soon.

Answered 3/10/2017



Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question