Jordan

i had t.p.o test and the result was 10 iu/ml , is it ok ? and the tsh was 4.71 . thanks

Dr. Martin Raff
Infectious Disease 56 years experience
Thyroid tests: Normal TSH is from 0.3 to 3. Thyroid peroxidase (tpo), normally found in the thyroid plays a role in the production of thyroid hormones. A tpo test detects antibodies against tpo in the blood. If you've been diagnosed with thyroid disease, your doctor may recommend a tpo antibody test — in addition to other thyroid tests — to help determine the cause.
Dr. Klaus d Lessnau
Pulmonary Critical Care 36 years experience
Normal range: You want to know the normal range for this particular lab. Probably ok but better check.