Egypt

My viral count is 460 after 47th vial of pegintton in hcv im virus type 4 i take rebitol with the vials my count was 130 on 36 vial what can i do?

Dr. Camilla Graham
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease 29 years experience
Need new treatment: So you are at week 47 of a 48 week course of treatment for hcv genotype 4 infection and your virus has never gone below the undetectable level. The good news is that you have shown that you are responsive to interferon plus ribavirin. But it is not enough to cure you. There is a new medicine, sofosbuvir (gs-7977) that should be approved by early 2014, and will be used with ifn+rbv in geno 4.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Feb 4, 2013