Lawrenceburg, KY

My left shoulder down to my left elbow down to my left hand hurts and tingles. could i be getting ready to have a heart attack?

Dr. Wayne Warrington
21 years experience
Unlikely: Unless you have significant risk factors, medical problems or family history of heart attacks at a young age, it is unlikely. Still i would speak with your doctor about this. Do you have neck problems? Pinched nerve would be much much more likely.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Carol Van der Harst
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 37 years experience
Unlikely: Heart attacks (the arteries to the heart) are not a consideration for your age and sex, unless you have other severe medical conditions. It is most likely myofascial referred pain when the tingling follows a classic path from a large muscle in the shoulder to the same arm. Massaging the muscle where it is coming from will help, posture issues or overuse problems are usually the source.
Last updated Jun 9, 2020