Brooklyn, NY

i cut my pinky on top of the last joint on a broken glass 1 week ago - wound healed, but still feels sore. is it possible that there is nerve damage?

Dr. Philip Rosenblum
Not likely: If there was nerve damage, i would expect to hear about numbness in the finger on the far side of the wound, i.e. In the finger tip. So it doesn't sound like that's your problem. More likely you have a slightly deeper injury, to the cartilage or bone, which may just take longer to heal.
Dr. Ronald Shelton
Dermatology 37 years experience
Nerve injury: If nerves are injured they may cause full loss of sensation at the end of the finger or partial loss. They also could start to send signals of hypersensitivity. Nerves on the fingers are on the sides of the digits so cuts on the top of the finger run the risk more of extensor tendon injury. See an md as infection can cause tenderness & if the tendon gets infected it could be a serious condition.
Dr. Payam Rafat
Podiatry 22 years experience
Yes.. it is possible: Any trauma can cause nerve damage.