what exercises should i do with an acl tear?

Dr. Christopher Brown
Specializes in Sports Medicine
Acl tear: A physical therapiat may be best suited to develope a program to enhance yr range of motion and the stengthening yr leg if u have an acl deficient knee. U may want to an orthopedist to exam yr knee if it has just been injured and discuss pros and cons of sugery. If u have had it reconstructed yr orthopedist will have a specific rehabilitation protocol forbyoy.
Dr. Scott Graham
Orthopedic Surgery 26 years experience
In line exercises: With an acl tear, you can continue to exercise. However, you should stay away from any twisting, turning, rotational or lateral movements. Stay with in-line exercises such as elliptical, leg press, cycling, spinning, knee extension, hamstring curls, lunges, squats and walking.