dentist lowered front teeth length from bonding. now i have tmj? what to do? chewing food feels unnatural

Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 40 years experience
See your dentist: If your bite was altered and you are uncomfortable, it is your dentist's responsibility to determine what might be the problem.
Dr. Stephen Gordon
Dentistry 43 years experience
Front upper teeth?: By lowering do you mean adding length to them? If your teeth were significantly worn down requiring the dentist to add bonding to increase their length, you may be suffering from short-term bite modification adjustment(so long as your teeth still come together the same way they did before the bonding). If the other teeth no longer bite evenly, then the dds needs to adjust or remove the bonding.
Dr. James Courey
Specializes in Prosthodontics
Need more info: Typically, the length of the front teeth in not a contributing factor to TMJ disorder. Were any other teeth bonded, perhaps your molars?
Dr. Louis Gallia
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 45 years experience
See TMJ expert: Unlikely from your dental work. Possible however. See a TMJ expert for advice. Any dentist can be a TMJ expert with the proper training and experience. Most commonly, oral surgeons, prosthodontists, and orofacial pain specialists. Ask your MD, your dentist and your dental society for referrals.