A member asked:

I have been on ambien (zolpidem) cr the last 9 months and the ir the previous three. how do i wean off of thr cr w/ it being con. rel.? can i cut the pill in hal

3 doctors weighed in across 2 answers

Do not divide: Typically you should never divide, crush or break sustained release medications. If you feel a need to wean off of this medication have your doctor switch you to the generic rapid release form of it and titrate this way. Get pharmaceutical grade lavender and breath a drop of this from palm of hand; place drop on cotton ball under pillow case and it is as powerful as Xanax (alprazolam) or Ambien for sleep.

Answered 2/18/2015


Dr. Heidi Fowler answered

Specializes in Psychiatry

Ambien CR: Do not crush or cut Ambien CR. Your doctor can assist you with coming off the medication.

Answered 11/17/2018



Related Questions

A member asked:

Can there be sleeping pills more effective than ambien (zolpidem)?

A doctor has provided 1 answer

A member asked:

Is Ambien (zolpidem) pill 74 on one side and teva on the other end?

4 doctors weighed in across 4 answers