U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 18-year-old female asked:

I've been going to the bathroom and when i do blood clots come out. i get really bad cramps like a period is just an early period or more?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. J Roberts
Vascular Surgery 28 years experience
Possibly: The difference between menstruation-tainted urine and true hematuria is important to clinically distinguish, and a microscope is necessary to perform a urinalysis, plus culture. Infection can cause low abdominal and pelvic cramping/pains. An er or gynecologist visit would be most prudent.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Nov 28, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.