American Samoa

I thought i was pregnant, didn't get period for 4months. now i have my period and there's a bunch of clotting, it's bright red blood, my cramps are extremely painful. i've bled thru three pairs of pants, i'm worried about what's going on.

Dr. John Berryman
Vaginal bleeding ?: With no periods "for four months" and the onset of heavy vaginal bleeding with clots, see your gyn physician immediately. Pregnancy is possible, and it may be outside the uterus, so get a serum HCG test to be certain. If the test is negative, your physician may obtain a pelvic ultrasound which may lead to other treatment.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Oct 17, 2020